Discover Vancouver Island's wild West Coast
The Tofino-Ucluelet areas of the West Coast of Vancouver Island boasts some of the world's most diverse and beautiful outdoor adventure opportunities; from kayaking the Broken Group Islands and diving in the Pacific to salmon fishing and nature hiking, Tofino-Ucluelet offers an adventure for everyone.
If you're visiting Tofino-Ucluelet this summer, make sure you plan to experience as many of these activities and attractions as you can to truly discover Vancouver Island's wild West Coast.
- Long Beach Charters (1.877.726.2878) - 1962 Bay Street, Ucluelet. Affordable year-round fishing opportunities! Chinook salmon and halibut trips in the spring, summerand fall & "Seafood Safari" trips in winter for salmon, prawns and crabs.
- Salmon Eye Charters (877-777-4344) - Boat Basin, Ucluelet. The ultimate fishing trip! Top guides, top equipment and complete fishing packages.
- Long Beach Surf Shop (1.250.726.2700) - 2060 Peninsula Road, Ucluelet
- Inner Rhythm Surf Camp (250.726.2211) - 1685 Peninsula Road, Ucluelet. Adult surf lessons with lunch. Kids ages 12 – 18. Full surf shop offering rentals, equipment and clothing.
- Surf Junction Campground (250.726.7214) - 2650 Pacific Rim Highway, Ucluelet. Surf lessons and rentals offered alongside camping luxury.
- Coastal Knights Kayaking (250.726.4202) - 1187 Peninsula Road, Ucluelet. Offering kayakers coastal wilderness wildlife viewing, black bear watching and Barkley Sound kayaking tours for people of all ages and abilities.
- Majestic Ocean Kayaking (1.800.889.7644) - 1167 Helen Road, Ucluelet. Guided ocean kayaking eco tours and multi-day camping trips with certified lessons, gourmet food and quality equipment.
Whale, Wildlife & Nature Tours
Explore the outdoors and get a taste of West Coast adventure. Tours in Ucluelet and Tofino will bring you one step closer to nature.
- Aquamarine Adventures (1.866.726.7727) 200 Hemlock Street, Ucluelet. Tour first class through Barkley Sound's wild and lush splendor and hear the grunts and barks of lazing seals, otters, beach-side bears or massive sea lions. Reservations recommended!
- Archipelago Wildlife Cruises (250.726.8289) - Whiskey Landing Marina, 1645 Cedar Road, Ucluelet. Climb aboard a spacious 53 foot motor yacht to view whales, bears, sea lions, & other wildlife in comfort.
Explore the beauty of the Pacific Rim and the West Coast. Discover numerous parks, beaches and – if you're lucky – the local wildlife!
- Pacific Rim National Park - Pacific Rim Highway, Tofino. A beautiful, natural park spanning the southwestern coast of Vancouver Island. Featuring magnificent islands, beaches and dramatic seascapes, this coastal landscape is divided into three geographically distinct areas: Long Beach, Broken Group Islands and the West Coast Trail.
- Ucluelet Aquarium (604.987.6992) Cedar Street, between the government dock and Jamie’s Whaling Station - Hosts a collection of marine invertebrates and fishes from the west coast of Vancouver Island.
- Wild Pacific Trail - A spectacular trail that curves round the rugged and rocky shoreline of the Ucluelet Peninsula with incredible views of the expansive Barclay Sound.